Saturday, August 1, 2015

Colossians 3:2


I have mixed feelings about this time of year. The few weeks leading up to the kids going back to school is great because school supplies go on sale, but I don't look forward to the kids going back. I love having them home.
So while I was shopping in town the other day (our small town doesn't carry anything like this) I found a Crayola Colored Pencil pack of 50!!!
AND it was on sale for less than $7.
I had to get it.

My other issue with this time of year is time. Or rather, the lack of it.
A lack of time takes away from my creative time with God. I have been blessed this week in so many ways, I really wanted to sit down and spend time in the word and new pencils.

Like a kid with a new box of crayons, I wanted to color. I looked to pinterest for inspiration and found it.
This page was inspired by a black & white printable, which has the perfect image for this scripture!
I used three blues to color the sky: Cerulean, Sky Blue, & Turquoise. I used the darkest of the three (Cerulean) closest to the objects (clouds, & balloon) and then used sky blue as I moved away from the objects. I finished the sky with Turquoise lightly fading into the page.
The balloon was colored with Pink, Magenta, Raspberry, Maroon, & Black (shading).
The basked was colored with two of my new favorite colors: Bronze Yellow, and Harvest Gold.

I know there are wonderful supplies out there and I own tons of art supplies, but I want to show that Bible Art Journaling doesn't have to be expensive. If you already own great art pencils, by all means, use what you have. Most of what I am sharing is to encourage those that don't think of themselves as crafty but love the thought of Bible Art Journaling. 

Have a blessed weekend!  


No comments:

Post a Comment