Saturday, July 18, 2015

Matthew 17:20


"If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

This is a simple verse on the surface. The more I think about it the more I come to believe that one could spend a lifetime delving into the layers of complexity of this verse.

It acknowledges our ability to have faith, but it also knows our struggle with unbelief. 
I am not a theologian so I won't go into it but it does boggle my mind how much God has packed into each verse in the Bible.
What a gift we have!

The idea for the French's mustard bottle came from a pin I saw and loved. I added more detail and shading to mine but the original idea was from one more clever than I. 

I love this! 
I added the "since 2013" because that is when I turned my life over to Christ.

I sketched this one directly into my Bible and used micron pen to outline (005).It was colored with Prismacolor colored pencils. The shading was done with Derwent HB graphite pencil. 
I used the Prismacolor pencils because I wanted a brighter, richer, color and I didn't want to paint.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of the cutest journal entries I have seen. Thank you so much. Our God is so incredibly wonderful, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He is a wonderful God! Thank you for taking time to comment. Your kind words are appreciated! -Joanie

      Delete
  2. Joan, I was so inspired by your mustard bottle that I drew my own version in my Bible and offered my version with a template of four of my designs on my blog for free. I referenced your page as my inspiration and linked to your blog from mine. I wanted to give you credit for a great idea. Great job. I'd love for you to visit hopalongsassy.wordpress.com and tell me what you think of the blog. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete