Wednesday, November 4, 2015

1 John 1:4



“We delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation. It is not out of compliment that lovers keep on telling one another how beautiful they are; the delight is incomplete till it is expressed.”   -C.S. Lewis

"...the delight is incomplete till it is expressed."

I read this quote months ago and was struck at how impactful that last bit is.

When I came upon this verse (1 John 1:4) I felt certain that it must have been the source of inspiration for the C.S. Lewis quote. Now, I don't know that to be true but it certainly is in the same vein. It also hit me how very true this is for me! I simply cannot be contented to hold good news close. The things that bring me great joy, I have to share. This verse is why I started this blog. Bible Art Journaling has brought me such joy, but it felt incomplete without sharing it with EVERYONE I come in contact with! So, I am writing these things so that my JOY may be complete!

I am thankful for expressed Joy.

I created this page using painters tape run through my big shot with an alphabet die. I adhered the letters to the page and used watercolor pencils around the letters. I added water and it got a bit muddy where the colors met. Once it dried, I went over the whole thing with regular colored pencils. By adding the colored pencils I was able to brighten the colors and help the blending. I added some shading to the painter's tape letters. 

I didn't do anything fancy with the rest of the lettering -just my own handwriting. I love doing interesting lettering in the margin, but there is a time and place for a more relaxed way of creating my favorite verses.

Wishing you a blessed and joy-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment