Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Psalm 130:5


Sorry it has been a week since I posted. I had this ready to go but just have been inside myself. 
Do you have times when you have something before you and you need to take some time and sit with it and make time for prayer and time to hear from God?
That is what I have been up to.
I have been waiting.
I really wasn't aware that this is the verse I had ready to go but I do think it fits perfectly.
God is dealing with me on some character issues. 
I am thankful that God only has dealt with one issue at a time with me.
He is a good good Father that way.
He knows that too much is overwhelming.

I heard something the other day that has really stayed with me...
we should read the Bible like we are dating not like a newspaper.
Meaning that we should be really interested in learning about who God is from his Word. We should read the Bible like we are learning about the person we are dating. Instead we often read it like a newspaper for facts we can regurgitate as if we are up to date and knowledgeable.
I hate to admit it but it sure rang true for me.
Not all the time but more time than I care to admit.

This past week, I have been reading it like someone I really want to know.

It makes a difference.

I will get back to creating again. 

I have a whole series of verses I want to do. I just have to find the time to do them!

Wishing you many blessings!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanie! Just wanted to stop by to thank you for sharing your faith journey with your readers. I am a believer, too, and can easily relate to the issues you discuss in your posts. Although I don't journal (I enjoy card making and usually add scripture to each one), I greatly admire your art work and your method of memorizing scripture. I'm sure that your beautiful art is an excellent tool for hiding God's Word in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! I, too love making cards and have been a stamper for a number of years. It is a little strange putting my faith journey out there, but I think this process may really speak to someone and help them connect to the Lord. Thank you for taking the time to comment -it really helps to know someone is out there. :-)

      Delete
    2. It's so refreshing and encouraging to see that this art form is emerging in these difficult times we are living in .... being in the Word is of paramount importance and will surely strengthen our faith like nothing else can do. May the Lord richly bless you as you minister through your Bible Art Journaling.

      Delete