Saturday, September 5, 2015

Exodus 15:2


I am a light sleeper. I wake up many times a night. On a good night I change positions and fall back asleep. On a bad night I start thinking of things I need to do and I am awake for hours.
I have noticed in the last 5 months or so, when I wake up I wake up singing. Not out loud but in my head I am singing to Jesus. It is such a sweet thing. I have been sleeping better.
I made this tag as a reminder of that sweetness.
I could have just as easily made one that says 
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you Psalm 55:22
or
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7
and I probably will.
The sweetness of singing in those moments when I am not fully in control brings me deep joy.

Now the trick is to do the same when I am fully awake and fretting about things.

It is just a work in progress!

Have a blessed Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment