Saturday, May 30, 2015

Joshua 3:8


Not long before I went on my first mission trip, I read about this verse. The author was suggesting that we can miss out on God's miracles and blessings by not being willing to get our feet wet. Joshua and the people of Israel were not told what would happen when they stepped into the river. They were simply told to do it.
I love all the versions of this verse:

'When you reach the edge of the Jordan's waters, go and stand in the river.'" NIV 
'When you reach the banks of the Jordan River, take a few steps into the river and stop there.'" NLT

   God is wanting us to get our feet wet. Step into it from a place of obedience and trust, and wait upon the Lord! 
It is one of those verses that stays with me and I think about often. Often when I feel God tugging on me and inviting me to join Him in something He is doing, I think about this verse.
Sometimes the water isn't inviting (literally and figuratively). 
But then I think about the blessings I could miss out on because I wasn't willing to get my feet wet.
LOVE this verse!

If you want to join us in Bible Art Journaling 101 you still have time before the class starts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment