Saturday, June 6, 2015

Lamentations 3:22-23


I have a couple of things to say about this post...
First, it didn't turn out like I had hoped. More about that later.

Secondly, these verses came about from a prayer meeting this past week.
We have friends in India and they have been enduring unbelievable heat.
A heat wave in India is not like a heat wave here. 
Air conditioning is not common, having water can be an issue, so combine that with 122 degrees and you will have many deaths and heat stroke. 
One of my friends brought to mind these verses and I knew these would be my verses for the week.
We prayed for the heat to break for them the following morning... and temps came down to 99 the following day. 
His mercies are indeed new every morning!

My finding Bible Art Journaling coincided with my doing the Beth Moore Siesta Sisters Bible Memory Challenge (how is that for a title?)
This has been the best way for me to memorize scripture. I find I can visualize my page and read it rather than remember it. It has been such a blessing!


At the beginning of the post I mentioned that these pages didn't turn out the way I had planned.
That is because I picked up some inexpensive watercolor pencils and that is what I used to color my verses. Sometimes inexpensive is an okay thing....other times it is worth it to  pay for quality.
This is one of those cases. The pencil didn't blend very well and it took a lot of water to get them to blend at all. I don't love it.

The left side turned out better than the right. I thought about adding real watercolor paint to it but in the end I think I will leave it like it is. Sometimes our imperfections are good too.
Besides, now these pages will remind me of the prayed for break in a deadly heat wave.

I have been singing ...great is thy faithfulness...for days :-)

Don't forget our FREE Bible Art Journaling Class begins this coming week.
If you want more information you can sign up HERE and download a materials list HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment