Saturday, January 9, 2016

Psalm 51:10


This week I had a day where I was struggling with those around me.
I was super frustrated.
Some of it was my own condition and doing.
All I could do was reach for this Scripture.
I drew the verse and inked it and then wanted color like inviting water.
I inked it but didn't like the results. It looked like a muddy river and I wanted a sparkling pool.
I used some water color paints and it ended up closer to what I wanted.
I had to re ink the lettering.
Some days this is all I can pray.
And then I am thankful that I have these words to pray for strength and encouragement.
God knows each heart
and knows just how to reach and comfort each heart
Blows my mind
that He loves me like that!

3 comments:

  1. Joanie, this is an especially pretty page. I had one of those days this past week, too, where I just felt grumpy and frustrated. I couldn't figure out why, but I did find that getting into the Word was the best cure for it. Yes, I agree that it is so mind blowing that the Lord loves us so much ... He's so patient and merciful, isn't He!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita! Your comments always make me smile -like an unexpected letter from a friend. Thank you for taking the time to comment and encourage! -Joanie

      Delete
  2. In regard to our being awe struck by the Lord's unending love and goodness to us, I thought about the book I'm currently re-reading and wondered if you are familiar with it. It's "The Attributes of God - A Journey Into the Father's Heart" by A. W. Tozer. The author brings our Heavenly Father into such a clear focus. Reading this book is life changing. ~ Rita

    ReplyDelete