Saturday, January 23, 2016

2 Corinthians 10:4


I started out doing 2 Cor 10:5-6 and ended up instead with verse 4

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.

I had a day of struggle... again. Friends, I am flawed and some days more flawed than others.
On the day I started this I was trying to get my emotions in check.
and this verse just really helped me put things in perspective.

I have a verse on the next page and I worried that the watercolor paint would soak through, but it didn't. I used watercolor and heat set it quickly. I added a layer of white watercolor paint and heat set. I used colored pencils to help define edges and add some golden colors. I had to go over my lettering again. 

Hope y'all are finding verses that are meaningful to you and are exploring your creative side with your faith! You don't have to be an "artist" to love your journaling Bible!

If you need a little help with your lettering or banners, Artsy Faith has two stamp sets available to help you Bible Art Journal CLICK HERE

Be encouraged my friends!


3 comments:

  1. Could you please share what Bible you are using that has such wonderful wide margins? I apologize if this is already on your blog. I did look for the info but couldn't find it. I'm really loving your posts...followed a link that took me here and so very glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Crossway esv Journaling Bible. I purchased mine from the publisher but they are available on amazon and Family Christian Bookstore. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. I use the Crossway esv Journaling Bible. I purchased mine from the publisher but they are available on amazon and Family Christian Bookstore. Hope this helps.

      Delete