Monday, December 28, 2015

Genesis 22:2


So this one didn't turn out like I had it in my head.
I am posting anyway.
I made the mistake of using a charcoal pencil to draw out my picture.
It got muddy and icky when I colored it.
So why post it?
Well, because it is real. Not all of my creations are pin-worthy. LOL
I had this image in my head and I really had it great in my head. 

Not long ago I heard someone talk about the principle of first mention. Our speaker asked us if we knew the first question in the Bible. I knew that one because I love the first part of the verses..

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool3 of the day, and the man and his wife bhid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?”

I love the thought of God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, but missed the all important first question in the Bible!

Where are you?

God wants to know where you are. Not in the sense that He is unaware of your location but He wants to draw you to Him!

Where are you?

So that was the first thing she talked about and then she asked us if we knew when the first mention of the word Love was?

Genesis 22:2

He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”

The first use of the word LOVE comes when God asks for the sacrifice of an only son -the same manner in which sacrifice is made for sin atonement.

My picture may not be very good but I don't care. The message is powerful enough to make up for my lack of skills :-)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being real. I'm glad you pointed out why we journal--to worship. I just found your blog and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete